Terms & Conditions
Important Information: Booking Terms & Conditions
- Who your agreement is with. When you book your holiday, your agreement will be with Water’s Edge Leisure Park Limited.
- The agreement. Once a deposit is paid direct to the park, or via a third-party agent, a contract then exists between you and Water’s Edge Leisure Park Limited. These enclosed terms form part of your contract with the park. The person making the booking accepts the contract on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for making sure they accept the contract terms. Bookings cannot be taken from anyone under the age of 18.
- Alterations to your booking. Once a contract is in place between you and Water’s Edge Leisure Park Limited, you cannot transfer or change your booking without our agreement. We will try our best to accommodate minor amendments to your booking, however, major changes are unlikely. Please contact the park directly for any booking alterations.
- Cancelling your booking. If you cancel your holiday more than 28 days before your arrival date you will forfeit your deposit. Any cancellation less than 28 days before your arrival will result in full payment of your holiday being retained. If you need to cancel or amend your holiday, please call us 01239 615 858 and/or email us at: email@example.com
- Paying for your holiday. When you book your holiday, a deposit of £100 is payable. The final balance of your holiday, must be paid, in full, no less than 10 weeks before your arrival date. Details of your final balance will be noted in your booking confirmation. If you book a last-minute break, and it is less than 10 weeks before you arrive, the full amount of your holiday is payable at the time of booking.
- Special offers. All discounts and promotional offers are subject to availability. To claim a special offer or promotional discount, please ensure you mention it at the time of booking, failure to do so, will require payment in full.
- Prices. All prices quoted are correct at the time of booking but are subject to change and could increase or decrease. Only once a deposit is paid, will your booking price be fixed. The park uses a live booking system therefore we cannot hold prices for customers without a deposit. Your price will only change if you have made a permitted amendment to your booking. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Who’s in your party. At the point of booking, all names and ages of those in your party will be required. Only those people noted on your booking can occupy your holiday home or pitch; please note, an ID may be requested at any time during your stay. Anyone found in your accommodation, not noted on your booking will be asked to leave the park immediately and the entire group booking will be cancelled. Under these circumstances no refund or compensation will be given.
- Guest Restrictions. The park pride ourselves on being an inclusive holiday operator and aim to provide a great experience for all families and couples. To achieve a friendly, family atmosphere for all our guests, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel bookings (without refund) from:
persons under the age of 21;
all-adult and single sex groups of more than 2, including hen, stag or any other parties that disrupt other guests;
solo travellers (if we feel the reason for your stay isn’t in line with our family focused values); or
anyone else who we think might spoil things for other guests.
anyone who is abusive to our teams either before or during the holiday.
We don’t knowingly allow any guest to use or visit our parks who:
(i) has an unspent criminal conviction.
(ii) has an entry on a criminal register (including the sex offenders’ register).
(iii) has any record of any order indicating antisocial behaviour, violence, abuse, public disorder, or criminal damage or any other form of antisocial behaviour.
(iv) is a convicted sex offender, subject to the notification requirements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
(v) is subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Notice.
If you do not disclose this information about yourself or any other member of your party, and it later becomes known to us, the park reserves the right to cancel your booking and require that you, and the other members of your party, leave the park, without refund.
- Numbers in your party. The total number in your party (including children and babies) must not exceed the maximum capacity of the holiday home or pitch you Details of the maximum capacity of your caravan can be found on the website or at point of enquiry direct with the park.
- Single sex group bookings. Water’s Edge is a family friendly holiday park and therefore restrictions exist on group bookings for all male or all female parties of over 2 people.
- Arrival and departure times: a) static accommodation. Your static accommodation will be available from 3pm on your arrival day. If you think you may arrive after 5pm, please let the park know in advance. If your accommodation is not occupied by 10am on the day after your arrival day and you haven’t informed the park you will be arriving late, Water’s Edge will treat your booking as cancelled and re-let the accommodation. You should leave your accommodation by 10am on your departure date unless prior approval has been granted for a later check-out time from park management team.
- Children. All children must be supervised by parents or guardians throughout the holiday. Children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. Please make sure you always know where your children are.
- Guests with additional needs and requirements. Guests with additional needs and requirements are very welcome at Water’s Edge, although unfortunately the park does not currently have any wheelchair-friendly units, and as such, some accommodation and locations may not be suitable for wheelchair users. If you or one of your party have additional needs or requirements, please tell inform the park about this before you book so efforts can be made to ensure the accommodation is suitable for you. If you do not make us aware of any special requirements before you arrive, the park cannot be held responsible.
- No smoking. All accommodation is non-smoking; smoking and use of e-cigarettes is not permitted in any accommodation or any indoor area across the park. If you are caught smoking in your accommodation, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £150 for deep cleaning and be asked to leave the Park without fund.
- Pets. Well-behaved dogs are very welcome at Water’s Edge but only a small number of our caravans are pet-friendly. A maximum of two dogs per booking is permitted. Some breeds of dog, including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act are not permitted to stay on the park. Please ensure the breed of your dog is given at the time of booking any pet friendly accommodation. Please enquire before you book whether other pets are allowed. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and under the control of a responsible adult. They must also wear a collar with identity tag or chip. You must clean up after your pet. Pets (other than assistance dogs) are not allowed inside any indoor areas or children’s play areas, however, they are permitted on the terrace providing they are quiet and under control. Pets should not be left unattended in holiday homes and are not permitted on any bedding or seating areas. If your pet is causing a nuisance by barking, crying, digging etc, you may be required to remove it from the park. If you take a pet into a holiday home which is not booked as pet friendly you will be required to pay an additional fee of £150 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation and your booking will be cancelled without refund.
- Use of your holiday home. At the end of your holiday please leave everything in a clean and tidy condition. A full inventory check is carried out in your accommodation before your arrival; you will be required to pay for any damage you cause to your holiday home during your stay, even if accidental. We have the right to enter your accommodation for maintenance purposes, or in special circumstances and in emergencies.
- Your personal possessions. You are responsible for your personal possessions on park or in your holiday home and the park is not responsible for any loss or damage to these. If you leave personal possessions behind at the end of your holiday, it is your responsibility to contact the park team to have your accommodation checked, and you will be liable to pay for any costs associated with reuniting you with your items.
- Cots and highchairs. Travel cots and highchairs may be hired at an additional charge. You need to request these when you book, not on arrival, as availability cannot be guaranteed last minute. Cots can normally only be accommodated in the living area of holiday homes. Please ensure you bring your own cot linen.
- Park facilities. For health and safety reasons some of our facilities have age and/or height/weight Occasionally, facilities may be forced to close temporarily for health and safety reasons, maintenance or reasons beyond the park’s control. Water’s Edge are not liable to compensate you if this occurs. The park will always endeavour to have closed facilities open as soon as is practically possible.
- Your car and other vehicles. You must comply with all speed limits, parking and traffic regulations whilst on park. ONE parking bay is provided near to your holiday home and spill-over parking is situated opposite reception. Vehicles are brought into the holiday park at your risk and the park is not responsible for loss or damage to these except where it is caused by the park’s negligence or fault. Quad bikes, segways, hover boards and other electrical motored items are not permitted on site. Transit vans and large commercial vehicles are not allowed on park. Please note, the park does not currently have a facility to charge electric cars. You are not permitted to charge your car using the holiday home electricity; if you are found doing this, you will be asked to leave the Park immediately without notice or refund.
- Behaviour on park. Our parks are family holiday parks so please ensure your behaviour is appropriate. Whilst everyone at the park wants you to enjoy yourself, please respect other park users, ensuring noise levels are kept appropriate and to a minimum after 10pm at night and before 8am the following morning. The park do not tolerate offensive behaviour of any type and if your behaviour is illegal, offensive, disruptive or inappropriate, or is disturbing other guests, you will be asked to leave the holiday park and no refund will be given.
- Filming and photography. Occasionally the park’s marketing team will be filming or taking photographs on park that may be used for social media and website purposes. If, you do not want your picture to appear across Water’s Edge’s social media channels, please include this at the time of your booking. The use of drones is not permitted anywhere onsite.
- If you have a problem. Whilst the park do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your holiday, sometimes things may go wrong. If this happens, please tell the park reception straight away so every effort can be made to put things right. If an issue is not sorted out during your stay to your satisfaction, please contact our Customer Relations Team by email via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days after the end of your holiday; alternatively, you can write to:
Water’s Edge Leisure Park Limited
- Cancellation by us. Very occasionally, Water’s Edge may have to cancel your booking for reasons outside of the park’s control. If this is the case, you will be informed as soon as possible, and offered an alternative arrangement of similar or better standard, a full refund or alternative dates.
- Brochure accuracy. Every care has been taken to make sure the brochure and website are correct at the time of going to print / being published. However, the park cannot accept responsibility for any errors or the subsequent results of these. Photographs of accommodation are examples only and furnishings, layout and decoration may vary.
- Liability to you. Water’s Edge are not responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of the park’s negligence or wilful default, but otherwise are not liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer. Water’s Edge’s liability to you is limited to the cost of your holiday, except in the case of death or personal injury. Water’s Edge do not operate the local attractions which are not on the park or act as an agent for these, and so are not liable for any damage or loss you may suffer when buying tickets or visiting the attraction. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything in these terms and conditions.
- Changes to terms. Water’s Edge Leisure Park Limited may change these terms from time to time. If terms are amended, we will notify you by email and post the new terms on our website.